Description of the website
The website of the CANImmunize is a member of the WHO-led project Vaccine Safety Net (VSN).
The CANImmunize Knowledge Centre contains expert-reviewed information and resources about vaccination in Canada, including:
- Fact sheets on recommended vaccines
- Vaccine considerations and resources for specific populations (e.g. pregnant women, older adults, newcomers, travelers and children with inflammatory bowel disease)
- Vaccination schedules for Canadian provinces and territories
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Tips and videos to manage pain associated with vaccination
- A tool to help individuals find their closest vaccine clinic in Canada
- A section for kids to learn about vaccination, which contains CANImmunize’s Immunity Warriors comic book, videos, games and websites
- External links to further readings
The Knowledge Centre is an extension of the pan-Canadian CANImmunize platform, which allows users to digitally track to their vaccinations and receive notifications when vaccines are due on their smartphone or desktop. CANImmunize is also designed to serve public health authorities to facilitate surveillance, outbreak management and health promotion, as well as employers to track employees’ immunization status and measure organizational vaccine compliance
Website’s sponsorship policy
CANImmunize is a private, for-profit organization (https://www.canimmunize.ca/en/partners).
Website’s content or editorial policy
The CANImmunize Knowledge Centre is developed internally by staff, including communications specialists, scientists and researchers. Content is drawn from Canadian health authority recommendations and reviewed by vaccination experts before upload. In many cases, content is developed in collaboration with project partners, including the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada, and Vaccines 411.