Description of the website
The website of Immunization Action Coalition is a member of the WHO-led project Vaccine Safety Net (VSN).
The website includes a section titled "Talking about Vaccines." The purpose of this section is to provide medical professionals with background information and practical resources that will help them discuss immunization with concerned parents or patients. Because people question vaccination for different reasons, we have divided this section into the following topic pages:
- Adjuvants and Ingredients
- Alternative Medicine
- Countering Dr. Sears
- Importance of Vaccines
- MMR Vaccine
- Religious Concerns
- Responding to Parents
- Too Many Vaccines?
- Vaccine Safety
Each of these pages provides links to related resources not only from IAC, but from CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Every Child By Two, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, WHO, and more. Resources include print materials for healthcare professionals and patients, videos, PowerPoint presentations, websites, and links to journal articles.
IAC print resources related to vaccine safety concerns can also be accessed from its "Handouts" section at http://www.immunize.org/handouts.
IAC's website also collects and maintains a section of "Unprotected People Reports"—real-life accounts of people who have suffered or died from vaccine-preventable diseases, including compelling personal testimonies, remembrances, case reports, and newspaper articles. See http://www.immunize.org/reports.
Another section features photos of people affected by vaccine-preventable diseases: See http://www.immunize.org/photos.
Website’s sponsorship policy
The Immunization Action Coalition drives its mission by operating programs supported with educational grants and other donations as well as by conducting partnership projects targeted at specific goals that promote immunization and increase rates. IAC does not accept advertising. The following is a list of current supporters and partners that share IAC’s commitment to public health:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC
- Foundations: E. J. Wexler Foundation, Herbert and Jeanne Mayer Foundation, Mark and Muriel Wexler Foundation, Anonymous
- Pharmaceutical Companies: AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi Pasteur, Seqirus
- Other Companies: Physicians' Alliance of America, Inc.
- Professional Societies: American Pharmacists Association
- Memorials: In memory of Daniel Bower Banks IV and Gail Joanne Banks, In memory of William Darnall, In memory of Becky Payne
- Individuals, Organizations, and Others: Health plans, Hospitals, Immunization coalitions, Pharmacies, Private practices, Subscribers, Supporters of immunization, United Way donors, Website visitors
Website’s content or editorial policy
IAC’s main website at https://www.immunize.org/ provides free and copyright-free access to all of its publications and materials. The content is produced by IAC staff who collectively comprise hundreds of years of experience in immunization and immunization education.
Staff participation and collaboration with immunization partners from federal and state agencies, professional associations, academia, industry, and advocacy organizations keep IAC up to date with vaccine recommendations, policy, and other developments. Many materials are reviewed for technical accuracy by CDC. Website pages carry “updated” and “reviewed” dates to inform visitors of changes to the information and when a page was fully reviewed.